Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A House Warming Gift From Olde Creek Store


Our friends just moved into their new house. They are having a house warming party to celebrate.

Knowing where to go for the right gift was easy. I headed to her favorite store: the Olde Creek Store on 10th Street, one block south of the Mile O Post.

Finding the gift proved harder. There is so much in that store; I didn't know where to start.

What caught my eye first was the huge display of cast iron reproduction hardware. I chose a chickadee towel hook for them and a set of kitchen drawer pulls for me.

I obviously had to start two piles... one for them, one for me. I decided that a gift basket was the way to go for the party.

The next area I checked out was the bath and linens. Wow! Egyptian cotton hand towels were perfect.

I had to walk by the jewelry display on my way to the antiques, and although jewelry didn't seem like a great house warming gift, I found a great sterling silver bracelet for my pile.

My friend collects antique dinnerware, and I chose a great Royal Dalton teapot that I know she will love and a 1955 Webster's Dictionary in great shape for their collection of antique books.

A couple of stained glass candleholders for me, a sterling silver picture frame and wicker basket for them and I was done.

The woman behind the counter, decorated the basket and gifts with beautiful tissue and ribbon.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment