Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Canada!


Everyone loves a parade! Everyone loves a party and everyone looks great in red and white.

I have been going to watch the Canada Day Parade in the little village of Pouce Coupe near Dawson Creek for more years than I can remember.

The best part of it for me is that a small community has created an important cultural event that brings people together year after year.


The parade itself is not large, but the crowd is loyal and appreciative and you never know what you are going to see. ( My all time favorite was a small woman who thought it was a great idea to bring a very uncooperative miniature donkey; they stole the act, and many hearts that day, I actually followed her along the route so I didn't miss the antics.
)

This year I noticed the variety of license plates on the parked vehicles: Montana, Wisconsin, Texas and one from Georgia were mixed in with the locals.


Right after the parade, everyone makes a beeline to Pouce Park for a big community barbecue. There is entertainment and craft booths and lots and lots of families.

What a great way to have fun, relax and celebrate being Canadian eh?! And this year we had lots of sun too!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment