Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Wild and Lawless" Horse Show in Dawson Creek


I admit to being a horse enthusiast. When I heard that we were having another Wild and Lawless Horse Show at the Lakota Equestrian Center, I was thrilled!

I couldn't believe how much the show had grown in one year. There were over 120 riders of all ages and all disciplines.

Horses were everywhere! In stalls, aisles, pens, in the huge bathing room and in the arena. The atmosphere was pure energy, the sound was a symphony of whinnies and laughter and the smell was pure horse.

I got a chance to visit with old friends and new friends from as far away as 100 Mile House and White Court. I even met some tourists up from Omaha, Nebraska, who although they were here for their grandson's graduation, couldn't resist sneaking out for a few hours to watch the show! Horses bring people together!

All the disciplines were represented: English Equitation, Pleasure & Jumping, Western Equitation, Trail, Pleasure, Barrel Racing and Pole Bending.

The equestrian center is a great venue for a show of this size, and more than capable of handling even more growth. What a top-notch center! I couldn't count how many times I heard out of town competitors praise the riding center and the organization.

Sometimes a person just knows that an event has taken root and will just get better and better year after year... well, 's the feeling with the Wild and Lawless! I'm putting it on my calendar for next year! And I know I won't be the only one!


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment