Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mother Natures Peace Country Patchwork Quilt


Friends from Oregon told me that one of the things they love the best about their visit to Dawson Creek is the square block of fields that stretch from horizon to horizon. She said it reminds her of a big patchwork quilt.

I agree. Even after living here my whole life, I still admire the panoramic views of green and gold fields, separated by dirt roads and hedges of trees.

No matter the season, it does look like a patchwork quilt. The view is especially spectacular in the July Canola season. The yellow-est yellow imaginable, all set out in perfect squares as far as the eye can see.

I also appreciate the soft browns of late fall when the crops have come off and the fields are getting ready to rest for the winter. The grain left by the harvest machinery makes easy pickings for the wildlife that lives so close to us.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment