Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Best Barbeque Food in the Peace Country


Dawson Creek is home to the Butcher Block, which has been in the community since the early 1940's.

I remember my Mom taking me into the original store when I was young. I would stand in front of the big glass counter while she chose her purchases. I also remember that they kept sawdust on the floor and I would move it around in patterns with my toe while I waited.

The small original store has been replaced with a new one but the quality of the meats is still as high as ever and the prices are unbelievably reasonable.

They make the best sausage around. When we are traveling on holidays, we often take a cooler filled with various Butcher Block sausages to give as gifts to the people we visit. It is also a common for people who used to live here to stock up any time they come back for a visit.

Favorites that have withstood the test of time:

  • Smoked Pork Sausage & Assorted Smokies - Barbeque
  • Pepperoni Sticks – Barbeque or snack
  • Maui Ribs - Barbeque
  • Thuringer Sausage – sandwiches

The Butcher Block is right downtown on 102nd Ave.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment