Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hungry Little Fox


Winter has finally come to the Peace River Area, and with it cold temperatures and the beginning of snow.

I was walking by my living room window the other day, and saw a movement out of the corner of my eye.

My dogs were sleeping on their beds in the house so wondering what the movement was; I looked closer and saw a red fox eating kibble out of our dog food bowl. He/She was right up on the deck.

By the time I got my camera, she must have sensed that she was being watched, because she left the deck and moved farther out to the yard.

I am wondering if this is the same fox that lives in the old abandoned farmstead down the road. People know to watch out for her although as the saying about 'smart as a fox' goes, she seems pretty good at looking after herself.

One of the best things about this part of the country is the closeness to wildlife. All you have to do is drive around; you are bound to see a wild animal doing what wild animals do.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment